Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Making Myself Honest

So sometimes when you go public with a goal or resolution, it's more likely to stick. Maybe its because you feel like people will know that you're a failure if you fail, so pride stops you from failing or at least stops you from trying to fail.
By the way, do you ever write a word so much that it stops making sense to you??
Ok so here's my opportunity to come clean about some goals that I have. Drumroll please:

1. No more eating crappy for Stephanie. I've decided that if I work out multiple days in a row than I can give myself 1 treat. Yea, that's right. 1. And remember...it's not a diet. This is a lifestyle change.
2. I am resolving to not buy another book until I have read all of the unread ones that sit on my shelf. Yes, I know that there are a lot of them. I should be saving a lot of money over the next 10 years. :) Well, I doubt that it will take that long, but it will honestly probably take me a few years. Accepting books as gifts or checking them out from the library is completely acceptable. I just don't need to add to my collection for a while. Included on the unread shelf are the following: (well, a small part of it)
  • Northanger Abbey
  • Mansfield Park
  • Sense & Sensibility (I've owned the book for years but am afraid to read it because I love the movie so much)
  • All 7 of the Chronicles of Narnia
  • A Room with a View
  • Howard's End
  • On a Winter's Night a Traveler (I was supposed to read this book my senior year of college, so don't tell my teacher that I never read it)
  • David Copperfield
  • Devil Wears Prada
  • Tuesdays with Morrie
  • The 5 People You Meet in Heaven
  • The Mermaid Chair
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • Emma
  • The Four Loves
  • Lots more that I can't even think of....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh! I love your book list! Absolutley fantastic! I may sneak a few suggestions and pick them out of my shelves as well. :)

xox

Kimberly Badger said...

Mansfield Park and Tuesdays with Maurie...you are goingo to LOVE them! I may join you on both of your goals. I have plenty of book on my shelf I haven't read yet.