Tuesday, July 10, 2007

SF Food Bank

Today I spent the morning at the San Francisco Food Bank packing 1 lb bags of pinto beans for those who are less fortunate than I am with my coworkers. Granted, I'm not even sure how to cook pinto beans, but maybe that's just my fault.My team of coworkers was determined to be the best bean-baggers that the Food Bank had ever seen. There were four tables of baggers and while the other tables bagged on average 9 boxes of beans over a four hour period, we put together 19 boxes. That's over half of the pallet in this picture. We were so proud to be the winners of our own competition-that-no-one-else-was-obviously-competing-in that we took a group photo without our hair nets so that you would recognize us.
From left to right, its Karen, me, Polina, Lisa, and Gail. Lisa told me that she was going to email my boss and tell her that I'm a fantastic bean-bagger; that I'm creative and very organized. :) ha. Thanks for the great time, ladies. I'm thinking about getting a group of my friends together to go do this on a Saturday. Seriously...who knew that bagging pinto beans could be so much fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually love going to the Food Bank in SLC; we go once a month and have a blast! Never bagged pinto beans before - but we did have to bag fresh carrots last time, I'll never look at them the same again. :o)