Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Christmas Time in Matthews

You know, being here in DC has made me realize a lot of things, but one thing in particular. I need some time in my real home town. I haven't been since before moving to San Francisco. So I'm going for a few days in December. It's easy to remember who you really are when you go back to where you grew up. I am who I am because of the life I had in that small suburban town. I'm especially excited that it will look a little like this when I'm there.

I've always complained that the one thing I never liked about going 'home' is that my friends who have never left home kinda treat me like the girl I was in high school. Stephanie from the 90s was great, but I've changed a lot since then. That Stephanie was naive enough to think that she'd be married by the time she was 21 and have a few kids by the time she was my age. ha! Life was just so simple then.

1 comment:

Beverly B. said...

I feel that way when I'm around certain people I don't see very often too.