Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Not Myself...

Ok so my blog friend Heather left me a comment today saying that I've seemed a little down lately and I thought to myself: "Ok, self. The jig is up. If people who have never met you in real life can tell that you haven't been yourself lately, time to come clean."

So yes, I've been in a funk for a while now.

My job is a bit stressful right now to say the least. My boss had a baby today actually, so when she comes back to work in January, life is going to be quite a bit easier for me. I'm SO happy for her and her husband and I can't wait to hold her little baby girl. The work load is a little heavy though. I'm super grateful for the experience that its giving me and I am learning loads!! So I can't really complain about it...but it does stress me out a little bit when I leave work thinking: "I could stay here until 10pm tonight and still have piles of work to do tomorrow..."

I blogged recently about how so many of my friends have moved within the past few months. I have been trying really hard to make new friends and meet people, but its a little hard when I feel like I just got a friend divorce. And as much as all of you would like me to post about that one, don't get your hopes up. Don't get me wrong. I have a plethora of amazing friends. Really. They live in the LA area, in DC, Iowa, Utah, Arizona, New York, and many other random places around the US (and of course, SF). I just wish I had someone to hang out with every day. Someone I could count on to just be there when I need them.

My ex-boyfriend sent me an email the other day with pictures of him and his new fiancee, which is super weird since he never exactly told me he was even dating anyone (I did know though...). What's the proper protocol for this, btw?? I would think that a simple email saying that he got engaged would be sufficient and appropriate, but pictures??? I could go on, but I'll stop here for the fear of offending said ex-boyfriend who probably still reads this blog.

I am going to see Colbie Caillat on Saturday which I am stoked about, and then I just might go see Brandi Carlile again when I'm in DC in a few weeks. I'm also going to see Melissa, Aaron, and Scott in DC in a week and a half which will be good for me. It was good to see my parents on Sunday, but two hours isn't a whole lot.

I think I just need some time to be normal again. I am happy and life is good; don't worry. So sorry to all of you out there who have realized that I've been in a funk. Please still be my friend. :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Oh no! I totally didn't mean to call you out!

May I just say though, I know how you feel about the friend thing. Long story short, I made friends with a girl about 6 years ago and we had so much fun together and I was so happy that I'd finally found a girl friend who wasn't catty and wouldn't go bat-shit-crazy and turn on me later. How wrong was I? She straight-up "friend dumped" me and I was totally heartbroken. The reason I found out much later was so ludicrous I still can't quite believe it.

And that is totally weird about the ex and the photos. I mean, why??

Anyway, you can come to London and be my friend any day :)

Mrs. B said...

I love Colbie Calliat! I think that she is absolutly amazing. So I know that you have never met me and you only know my husband a little... but if you ever need anything, feel free to let us know! :) We need to spend more time with other people as well. Hope everything keeps looking up :) I love your blog by the way!

Sherry Ashford said...

You always have a friend in Texas and are welcome anytime.

I love Colbie Calliat too!! I just saw her a couple of weeks ago she was one of the opening acts with Lifehouse!! It was a great show.

Unknown said...

love you girly!! xoxox

Audrey said...

Do you go to DC very often? It's only 4 1/2 hours from us in Pennsylvania. If Brian wasn't so dang busy with school we would be able to see you.

Melissa said...

Yea! Feffy is coming to DC! We're hanging out ALL week.