Tuesday, October 2, 2007

No, Thank YOU...

The first night I was in DC, I went to dinner with a bunch of friends that I've known for a long time. During dinner I was given part of my birthday present, which was a bottle of perfume from BR (The other part was the pedicure, which was previously mentioned in my post yesterday). I had just been thinking a few days prior to this that I needed some new perfume, so I loved it. Great idea, gang. Your gifts never disappoint.

A few nights later, I was with Melissa & her husband Aaron at dinner. Melissa told me that I needed to call Matt and say thank you for the gift since she hadn't talked to him and told him what his money had gone towards. {Every birthday, three of the four of us give $20 towards a gift for the birthday girl/boy so that the gift is better.}

So I called Matt. The message went something like this:

"Hi Matt, this is Steph. I just wanted to call and say thank you for the gift. It was so thoughtful of you to buy me a leather thong. The next time I see you, I'll have to try it on for you. It fits great. I just love it. Call me when you get a chance. Love you, bye."

I had a good laugh about how funny I was.

I was on my way back to Melissa & Aaron's house when a guy from my church called. I thought to myself: "Hmm...I wonder why he's calling??"

Oh yeah.

Its because I left HIM the message instead of the person I'd meant to call.

oops.

classy move, Zundel.

8 comments:

james and tara said...

That sounds like something I would do. Too funny..

Camie said...

I still love this story the second time around. I'm adding you to my blog right now. Also, I can't believe how fat my face is in that picture. I'm going on a diet NOW. Seriously, I just went to the grocery store to pick up diet food.

Erica said...

rotfl. girl, that is hilarious! was it more or dedrick?

Steph said...

erica...who do you think i'd be more embarassed about? :)

House of Smiths said...

SO FUNNY! I can relate. Before Cason and I started dating we stayed up really late talking, (mind you this was only the 3rd time we had ever seen each other and only the second time that we had ever talked) and at the end of the night I wrote a text message to my sister that said something to the extent of... "I have met the man of my dreams, and I WILL marry him if it KILLS me!" Send......... my phone then said to me, "message successfully sent to Cason.
Sucks when you can't get the STUPID guy our of your mind for two seconds to even write a text. haha. Eh, no biggie though, I still got him to marry me and father now, 3 of my children! haha

Erica said...

holy smokes! i gotcha now! ha yeah, probably not the best matt to be calling.

Anonymous said...

Ok! I seriously LOVE that!

Pace said...

HAHAHA