Monday, October 1, 2007

Feels like home to me...

I want to first dispel any rumors that have been going around that I am moving to DC or even thinking about moving. I'm not saying that anyone close to me (except for you, Mauri) are spreading these untruths, but I just want to make it clear that as of today, October 1st, I am happily living (and staying in) San Francisco.

My trip was for work, but lucky me, I just happen to have copious amounts of friends who live in the DC area who I was lucky enough to spend time with while visiting. I don't want to take up too much of your time with my random pictures, so here are a few to give you an idea of the wonderful time I had.

I have two favorite monuments in DC, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Jefferson. For some reason, I just love going to the Jefferson Memorial at night. It has always been one of my favorite things to do when in DC. So because I'm spoiled rotten and because my friends wanted to go too, we went one night at about 11pm.
I obviously go because I have the utmost respect for Thomas Jefferson.

Did I mention that I got to spend an evening with the one and only Scott Savage? I am so lucky. Him AND the Jefferson memorial...all in one night!!! I heart you Scott. Mucho.


And these two jokers/newlyweds were there as well.

For the birthday that keeps on giving, Melissa, Matt, and Scott treated me to a pedicure as part of my birthday gift. I treated myself and Melissa to the extra spa treatment. Looks like it had its desired effect.
And wha-la. My toes are beautimous. While not quite as exciting as my last pedicure, I still love it.
And because you all know by now about my unhealthy obsession with Brandi Carlile, I can tell you that I went to her concert while I was in DC because she happened to be playing at the 9:30 club while I was there. No, I didn't decide to go work in Maryland for a week because she was there. It just happened by chance. Notice the bottom right picture. Melissa caught a pick that she threw into the audience. Good thing Melissa was more agressive with the light from her phone than the 12 year old girl in front of us. Phew! And although I don't need to really tell you, I will anyway. She was amazing.


Oh yeah. I did work every day that I was there. Here's me and my awesome boss Debra checking badges. Seriously; took so much time. But everyone that we worked with that week was great. So friendly and easy to work with. Hooray for that.

The last two days that I was in DC, I spent time with Mauri. She made a special request that she only be in one picture and because I love her so much, her wish has been granted. On Saturday night, Mauri made these amazing carmel apples rolled in chocolate and then rolled again in delectable chocolate pieces. Umm...yummmmm.

Here's Mauri with our awesome friend Elizabeth who came over to visit after the amazing Relief Society Broadcast.

Biz, as we call her, and I met last December in New York and we became fast friends. Seriously, this girl is great.A special thank you goes out to Mauri who threw me a special "Stephanie Zundel Guest of Honor Lunch" for the second year in a row. This time she surprised me and a bunch of my favorite people, including Scott Livengood, Rustin Pearce, Jenn F, Alicia P, and Annmarie G, who walked in the door yelling "Surprise! Happy Birthday!" ha!! Seriously. Can we continue the celebrations year round? Please?

No comments: