Wednesday, December 19, 2007

And now, with pictures

I really thought that I left my camera in Utah, but tonight when I was cleaning casually looking through some stuff in my room, I found it. Which means that you get the pleasure of looking at some of the pictures from the last week of my life. You lucky dog!

My coworker just emailed this to me the other day; its a pic of me at my holiday party at work. I wish you could see my tights instead of my dinner. Tiffany was my fashion consultant and I think I looked pretty darn cute if I do say so myself, so thanks Tiff!


I was in Atlanta for 3 days, which was previously mentioned, and while there, I looked at hotel ballrooms. And I got paid for it, thankyouverymuch.

This is no small model of a Christmas tree, people. This was HUGE and if you want to see it for yourself, go to the Ritz in downtown Atlanta. Beautiful and aMAZing.

So, enough about work-related stuff.

On Friday, all of my appointments ended earlier than expected, and I didn't have to fly out until later that evening, so I went to the Georgia Aquarium. Since it is the largest aquarium in the world, I figured that I should check it out and boy was I ever glad that I did! Seriously cool. I'd heard a lot about the beluga whale exhibit, so it was my first stop. I only got 1 of the 3 whales in this shot, but pretty neat, huh?

I took this next picture in the "Deep Sea" exhibit and though it appears as though this whale shark is swimming close to the glass, its farther away than you think. The whale shark is the largest fish in the ocean, and "Alice" was shipped UPS all the way from Taiwan. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

This picture is specifically for anyone who loves the "Fresh Water" chapter in the Planet Earth series. Or maybe its for Tommy. You choose. I thought that the cichlids would be bigger, but they're still pretty cool fish. Anything that protects its young by hiding them in their mouth is OK by me.

I was actually hoping to get a pic of this little guy's razor sharp teeth, but he just wouldn't smile for the camera.


On Friday evening, I flew to Utah for my dad's 60th birthday party. A lot of people were there that I hadn't seen in years, so it was nice to see them and laugh with people who have known me most of my life. My favorite niece Hannah was loving the party. So much actually, that she let me hold her for a while during it. She's getting so big!

I wasn't sure that I'd ever really get a picture like the one below. Growing up I had some women in my life that though they weren't really my mother, they influenced me in profound ways and always treated me as if I was their own. Marla is on the left and her three sons taught me everything I know when it comes to playing hide-and-seek in the dark, break dancing, playing football, and boxing. Blythe is behind me and if you know me well, I'm sure I've talked about her. She frequently refers to me as her oldest daughter and she always makes me feel loved. And then there's my cute and ever-stylish mother. I love this picture. I'm going to frame it.

Pretty classic eh? Arnold Friberg hanging out with my Dad on the couch and his wife giving my Dad gifts that she bought for him in Jerusalem. Oh wait. That isn't so classic. My favorite part of the night was when Arnold's German wife walked in wearing about 10 stars of David around her neck proclaiming that she no longer wanted to be Catholic. Pretty sure she was kidding, but it was funny nonetheless.


Then I came home and I've been at home for the past two days maxin' and relaxin'. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to work by Thursday. Until then, have a continued happy holiday season.

6 comments:

Hawkeye said...

Ummm... I'm deeply affected by that picture of the Cichlids swimming around. You didn't tell me there were like a thousand of them. Dude, that's my heaven. The word "cichlid" is pronounced "sick-lid" because they're sic as in cool.

Thanks for the shout-out

Tiffany said...

dude! im lovin this!

Mrs. B said...

That picture of the tree at the Ritz has made me so homesick for Atlanta during the Holidays... thanks for posting that, it is beautiful! The week before Christmas every year we always go walk through the downtown Macy's and Underground and see all the different trees that are up. It's so beautiful isn't it! Thanks for that reminder, now I'll be reminiscing everyday.

Kimberly Badger said...

I wish I could have been at the party. I miss your parents and I haven't seen Blythe and Doug forever. Ah...the memories. Once I get out of school (four months left! Halelujah!) we've got to start making some more. :o) Love ya!

Jason Graham said...

Steph, hey you around during Christmas? We keep missing each other over holidays.

Heather said...

Your aquarium pics are awesome!