Sunday, February 10, 2008

Just When I Thought The Weekend Couldn't Get Any Better...

Wow. As of Friday morning, I didn't have any plans for this weekend. I'm starting to think that maybe I should live like this all the time and maybe not plan out my days so meticulously. This weekend really was amazing. Saturday morning I went with some friends to Dottie's True Blue Cafe for the first time and I have to say that I can't believe I haven't been there before. The food that we ordered was incredible! I mean...I love the Grove and all, but I might venture to say that I enjoyed Dottie's food a little more. Atmosphere of the Grove is better in that you feel like you're in a lodge and you typically don't have to wait in a 45 minute line to get in like you do at Dottie's, but my point is that if you haven't been to either, get up and go. As soon as possible. Oh...and I forgot to mention that part of the fun of breakfast this morning was that somehow Rebecca and I talked Cameron into wearing this outfit. True story.

After breakfast we came back home and took a nap. And have I ever mentioned here on my blog that I really really love naps? Because I do. And I never have time to take them. So yes. We napped. We napped until we couldn't nap any more. Lucky for us, we didn't nap the afternoon away and decided to wake up and be responsible adults. Since I'm currently back in training for a half marathon in April, I went running and boy oh boy, was it beautiful weather in San Francisco! I went four miles and I'm finally getting back into running long(er) distances. It feels good to be back out there on the road again. I'm just hoping and praying that I can keep it up this time and not get shin splints like I did last year!

I know that you must be thinking that my weekend couldn't be any better than that, but you'd be wrong. On SF Weekly I saw a posting for "Bat Boy - the Musical" here in the city and it was only $10 to see the show. Due to my love for the Weekly World News, I knew immediately that this musical was referencing one of my favorite Weekly World News characters.


For more Bat Boy stories, click here, here, here, or here. How could I miss the amazing opportunity to see this odd character on stage? So after thinking about it a lot, I haven't decided if I loved it so much just because I went into it with such low expectations or because it really was the funniest theatrical production I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the last day of the show was Sunday, so you all probably missed it. I just wish that I could sit and laugh with all of you about some of the lines in this play. Well, to get a small taste for the music, visit the official website; and then think about singing the following words to an audience:
" Hold your Bat Boy, touch your Bat Boy."
"Lick my tears" and of course my all-time fave: "And they burroughed."

During one point I said to my friend "What's odder right now? The guy in spandex dancing around the stage like a nymph or the two teenagers on stage pretending to have sex?" Wow. If you want a good laugh, this is a show that you've got to check out sometime.

Sunday was equally as good of a day. I woke up early all on my own due to the copious amounts of sunshine coming through my bedroom window, so I laid in bed and read "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." I hadn't read it since I was in the 4th grade and I'd been meaning to read all of the Chronicles of Narnia, so 1 down, 6 to go. Then, after church, I had an hour to kill, so I picked up "Prince Caspian." By the time I went to bed last night, 2 down, 5 to go. I have to admit that it was the first time that I've ever read two 200 page books in one day in my life. Looks like I'll be finishing up the rest by the end of the week.



Have a Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments: