Friday, May 30, 2008

Sometimes, I Guess Cool Things Happen to Me

So, early last year, I wrote a post about a book which I absolutely love called "London is the Best City in America." You can read all about how much I loved it if you click on that link. Well, in April of last year, I received an email from the author, Laura Dave, which I also posted about. Moving ahead a year... about two weeks ago, I received an email from Laura saying that she'd be doing a reading of her latest novel "The Divorce Party" on Chestnut street. I knew that the email was generic, but I thought it would be cool to go and meet her and see what her next book is about.

Right after she walked into the bookstore, she walked over to me and when I told her my name, she said "Oh! You're the girl who blogged about my book!" Seriously?? She told me several times tonight how much it meant to her that I blogged about her book since I was one of the first who did. So of course I bought her new book and I can't wait to finish "David Copperfield" and dive in. I'm still in shock that I was rubbing elbows with such a fantastic author last night.

I didn't want to disappoint any of you, so I took a picture with her as my proof. Doesn't this pretty much make me a celebrity?

2 comments:

Maunderer said...

So, are you the last person to notice all the paparazzi behind you? We all knew you were a celebrity a long time ago.

Beverly B. said...

So cool. I love the internet.