Thursday, July 24, 2008

Really? A Pop Star?

When I got a call from my friend Dan in LA asking if his friend could come stay with me for a few days, he said "Oh yeah - and she's a Finnish Pop Star and she's a really good singer." What? To be honest, when I posted her music video the other day, I hadn't even met her yet.

A few of you said to me that you expect these kinds of things from me. Like I know lots of famous people or something. Well, I do know him, but he's not exactly a pop star like Jonna. I may have mentioned before (?) that my roommate's boyfriend is from Norway and I mean - he had heard her music before, so I think that she really is really famous even though you or I in the American world may not know it. anyway.

Jonna and I had a great time together over the week that she was in town. We went out to dinner several times, she toured around the city very successfully while I was at work, and she definitely sang for me on command whenever I asked her to. Here we are at a black and white dance in Menlo Park on Saturday night. This girl's got moves.

And did I mention that she's one of the sweetest and most fun people I've ever met? We went to see Mamma Mia together on Saturday and not only did she sing along with every single song, but she danced down the hallway afterwards while singing. Seriously - a girl after my own heart.

I mentioned to her on Sunday night that it is funny how the previous Sunday, neither one of us knew that we'd have such a good new friend within the week. Sometimes life brings you exactly what you need right when you need it. It's just too bad that she doesn't live here in the Bay Area. We watched a few of her music videos together on Sunday night so that she could tell me what was going on in English. I couldn't help but laugh and say - "That doesn't even look like you!"

I really might have to take a trip to Helsinki next year to visit her - but I told her that I'd only come if the Finnish paparazzi follows us around everywhere. Doesn't that sound like a good plan?

No comments: