Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Ramblings

Last night I came home from work and realized that I had some major laundry folding to do. Ever since I moved to my new place at Dolores Park, I've had to bite the bullet and do my own laundry. I guess this has saved me some money, but really, I liked it a lot more when I paid the Chinese guy down the street to wash & fold it for me. And I digress. I folded laundry for almost an hour while watching Annie Hall. I rented it a few weeks ago and although I fell asleep the first two times I attempted viewing, I made it through last night.

I didn't love the movie - I think mostly because I find Woody Allen to be kinda creepy, but I loved the last line of the movie. It goes like this:
Alvy Singer: It was great seeing Annie again and I realized what a terrific person she was and how much fun it was just knowing her and I thought of that old joke, you know, the, this, this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, uh, my brother's crazy, he thinks he's a chicken,' and uh, the doctor says, 'well why don't you turn him in?' And the guy says, 'I would, but I need the eggs.' Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships. You know, they're totally irrational and crazy and absurd and, but uh, I guess we keep going through it...because...most of us need the eggs.
Amen!

I was planning on going running to break in my new shoes at 8, but "someone" fell asleep on the couch until 9:30pm. Oops. No worries - I paid for it at 6am this morning with a 3 mile jog at Kezar and so far, my shoes are OK. Breaking in new shoes - not the most enjoyable thing in the world, but they'll have to do.

On my way home, I was shuffling through my ipod for a good playlist to listen to and I came across one that I made a few months back. For some reason I made a playlist of songs that remind me of things and people - most specifically, ex-boyfriends, but there's a little Islands in the Stream in there too, OK? Sometimes, I don't know why I do things like that to myself. I get all nostalgic until something hits me and WHAM! What in the heck do I think I'm missing? I sat on MY huge red couch last night watching a movie about how loving someone sometimes means that things don't work out (amen) in my house in SAN FRANCISCO of all places. And...guess what? I didn't eat dinner last night - I wasn't hungry. I didn't have to make dinner for anyone either. I think I'm just grateful today for the way things are and that this is the way things SHOULD be. For me, at least.

And on that note, Happy Friday. I'll be traveling until next Thursday, but as usual, you might hear from me. Have a great weekend!

PS - read this.

2 comments:

plain jane said...

I just noticed the book list on your sidebar. What a great list! I need to make something like that for myself.

...oh, and I just wanted to say. I love reading your blog. It sounds like you have a lot of great friends and a lot of fun.

Erica said...

thank thank thank you for updating me on the love story. i've been busy and haven't been able to use my laptop where the link is saved under my favorites. aahhh, heart beats continue on...forever.