Monday, October 27, 2008

Such a good weekend.

This weekend was non-stop from one thing to the next. Shocker, I know. I'm a little hesitant to post pictures from the Halloween party on Friday, only because I don't want people to get the wrong idea. Or, maybe you will get the right idea. Nevertheless, here I am in all my Halloween glory.
{full credit for the idea goes to Uzi}
Sister Stephanie and Sister Eliza - true Sister Wives
With our hubby, Scott. He was real excited.

When I walked outside on Friday night to drive down to the party, I stopped a couple on the street to ask them if they knew what I was dressed as. Immediately one of the men said "You're one of those fundamentalists! And don't tell anyone, but my family lives in Utah." I said "Oh? Are they Mormons?" He quickly replied "Oh no no no." and walked away. ha! When the costume contest winners were being announced, we quickly got upset when we didn't win the "best group." We even started shouting things like "Equality for all!" and "God loves polygamists too!" Fortunately, we won the contest for "Funniest costume." Good thing too - everytime I looked at Liz's unibrow, I started laughing despite the scowl you see in the pictures.

We got home at about 3am on Saturday morning and then I left Saturday at 11am for a wedding in Sacramento. Pictures on that to come tomorrow, so stay tuned. Yesterday I got home from Sacramento at about 3:00 and the first thing I did after arriving home was jump in the shower and relax on the couch while watching a movie. As soon as the movie was over, I decided to get in bed. It was only 6:30pm!!! Can you believe that I slept like a rock all night? I got 13 hours of sleep and the alarm still had to wake me up. Obviously, I needed it, so yeah. More pictures to come tomorrow.

**please note the polygamy in the Mormon church ended in the 1890's. Fundamentalists are NOT Mormons, like me. Here's the wikipedia article about it if you're curious.

6 comments:

Ben and Bethany said...

ha ha! You looked great!

Adrienne said...

I am jealous! I have been wanting to throw a costume party so that I can dress up like a polygamist. You looked fabulous!

Beverly B. said...

Your serious faces are so believable.

erica said...

where could I get a dress like that?? haha, just joking. Brandon and I are going to dress up like an old couple, so you will have to check out our blog soon. [totally his idea!]

Anonymous said...

bwaaah haa haaaa!!!

That is hilarious!!! Love it!

xox

Justin and Silvia said...

Oh my gosh !!! I loved the costume !!! love love love ...
You are always having fun !!! Miss you girl ...