Thursday, November 20, 2008

Go figure.

Today I was in a meeting all morning. Sometimes, meetings are effective. This was not one of those times. During the entire meeting I wished so badly that I had my cell phone with me so that I could send my boss text messages about people around the room and their various levels of intelligence. But, we were sitting across the board room table from each other and my cell phone was sitting on my desk. Our only available method of communication was the occasional eye roll at each other, which at times, seemed more effective than the meeting we were in. Go figure.

And speaking of communication, did you notice that gmail got a new feature today? You can set a theme to your email page if you so choose. Mine was "beach" early this morning, went to "ninja" in the afternoon, then has settled on "candy" for the time being. Who knows what it will end up as by tomorrow morning. I guess some things will just depend on my mood. If I were a betting girl, I'd bet that in the morning, it ends up on "beach" again - I think I miss hearing the roar of waves in my sleep. Go figure.

Last night I was all scheduled to attend my monthly LAC activity, but somehow, at 6:30, I couldn't tear myself off the couch. Chalk it up to various excuses, but I was tired and proceeded to watch two movies, visit with friends who stopped by, and Kirsten and I ended the evening with a call to the police to get a random drunk man from Oklahoma off our front porch. How did I know he was from Oklahoma? Well, that's where he thought he was last night, according to the conversation I heard outside my living room window. That would explain the porch sitting. In an old nasty lawn chair, nonetheless. Go figure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are so funny. I had a drunk guy moaning outside our home not too long ago. I just love calling the police. :) Hope you are doing well. your blog is so fun. I'm going to be better at stopping by more often. LOve ya!