Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Now that its almost the weekend, let's talk about last weekend.

Let's pretend that I didn't tell you anything about Saturday already. And I sure wasn't as good at taking pictures as I wanted to be. The weather in SF this weekend was warm and somehow (as if I didn't know this already) I think that mother nature forgot that it is November. NOVEMBER, people! Late November at that!

Early Saturday morning, I headed up to the Oakland temple to help spread Christmas cheer and also, put up Christmas lights. There was quite the group there to help and service activities are always fun, no matter what you do. There were quite a few people moving items around from the life size nativity scene and when Dave and I saw the opportunity to move a giant pachyderm, we jumped at the chance. I know that my huge muscles make the camel look so light and airy, but be assured that it was not light OR airy. It was quite awkward and heavy.

After stringing lights for about an hour, Rachael and I went and took her grandmother to breakfast, which was nice. We hurried home and then Silvia came to my house a few minutes later to spend some time with me and give me a birthday present - an hour long massage! Woot! I'd had a long month with the half marathon and the stress of my meeting, so this came at the perfect time. And yes, for those of you who are confused about me having two birthdays in one year, my birthday is still in September and yes, I still accept gifts year round. Silvia lives in Santa Cruz so if you are in need of an amazing massage, let me know and I'll hook you up!

Feeling relaxed and rejuvinated, I headed down south with Peter to a wedding reception for some wonderful friends who live in Palo Alto. Their reception was beautiful and I was sorry to not be able to stay longer and hit up the dance floor.

We left early since our ward was having our Annual Jazz Thanksgiving dinner & dance and it has been FOREVER since I have:
a) been to a ward activity - I'm usually out of town
b) seen some of the friends pictured below:

LaNae & Ben,
and for real, I think I hadn't seen Andrea since like...September.

To top it all off, I got home around 11pm, went back out to Safeway and then climbed gratefully into bed at 12:30am. I won't even get into Sunday where I sat in meetings for over 5 hours. All in all though, I'm just happy to be home and back to life as usual. Sorry for my long absence.

2 comments:

Camie said...

Cute dress!

Justin and Silvia said...

I love your blog !!! I am so happy that you had fun on saturday !!