Monday, February 23, 2009

Why the hate?

My friend Jill from college has a blog that I wish you all had access to. She inspires. In fact, she halfway inspired the post you are about to read.

Last weekend when I was in San Diego, we ate dinner at Aaron's sister's house. Dinner was great, and I felt lucky to be included on their family reunion dinner. The host, Amy, put cards on all of our plates, which were conversation starters. Halfway through dinner, we all took turns reading our cards and talking about our answers. My question went something like this: "What is the best fast food restaurant in your opinion?" Well, in case you forgot, my love for Taco Bell is enduring. As soon as the words left my lips, I was booed and the crowds went wild saying how disgusting it is.

Why the hate??

The question wasn't "What is the best restaurant ever?" That would be a much more complicated answer. I mean - if the question was "What is the best taqueria down the street from your house?" Easy - Taqueria Buen Sabor. Duh.

Stop hating on my Taco Bell, people. I know it isn't "real" Mexican food. I also know that a hot dog is composed of some of the most disgusting things ever. I still eat those at sporting events. And let's be honest. Hot dogs are WAY worse than Taco Bell.

And another thing. Why the hate on Duck Beach? My roommate and I were discussing this today on our 5 mile run. I hear it often "Oh I would NEVER go to Duck Beach."

What do you have against Dippity Dippity Dip?

Or sand castle building competitions on the beach?

I could go on - but really? Why the hate? There are few things in life that I love more than Memorial Day at Duck Beach.


And on a completely unrelated non-hate issue, I got tickets the other day to see the following person in about 5 weeks:



Oh, there are good times to come.

4 comments:

Pace said...

I don't hate duck beach. Can I stay at that house?

Jill said...

don't worry girl, I'm going public soon. I was waiting to redo the design. Long live Taco Bell!

Erica said...

no hate. geez, really, they are just jealous...well, at least that's what my mom says!

Unknown said...

Ok I might live under a rock,--- Who the heck is that crazy spandex wearing lady that you are going to seE? Fill me in please. :)