Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Is it Friday yet? It should be.

I've thought long and hard about whether I should post this or not. And not for the reasons you are thinking. Dad, this one is for you. I collect magnets from places I travel; however, that doesn't mean that I need anyone to send me magnets from places that they go. I've mentioned in years past that my Dad collects things, like spoons. I think I'm just about to reach my limit. I mean - my coworkers already knock magnets off every time they come over to talk to me and mistakenly lean against the cabinet.

The places represented above are:

The California Redwoods
San Diego
Cabo San Lucas
Charlotte, North Carolina
New Orleans (2)
My two half marathons - yes, I even got magnets of me running to remind myself that I can do it.
Alaska
Spain
Portugal
Paris
Alsace
Switzerland
Hawaii
Chicago
Dallas
Utah
Martha's Vineyard
Costa Rica
Outer Banks, North Carolina
Williamsburg, Virginia
Las Vegas
Washington, DC
Lake Tahoe
Utah
Atlanta
New York City
Montreal

Pretty much - this is the one souvenir that I buy for myself when I travel. They are all full of memories - like - the magnet that Uzi bought me that says "I love not camping" sums up a lot about me. So does the magnet that says "I don't really believe in things like ADD - oh look! A chicken!" I went to Cabo and Alaska before I had this blog - so this collection has been accruing for years now, obviously. I just figured that for a lot of you out there, sweet memories would be brought to mind when you saw some of these. Every day I'm reminded of the awesome trip I had to Alaska in 2005 - or the crazy adventure I had in Hawaii in 2006.

And most of all - memories of you.

xoxo

4 comments:

Leesa said...

At first, I thought this was one big refrigerator. And I was having 'fridge envy.

I take it you are not a System Admin. It would be bad if your job and magnets could not co-exist.

Karlie said...

I love collections! I love your magnets! It is fun to remember the places you've been. I collect post cards! Unfortunately I haven't been near as many places but I have around 10 to 15 cards for each place I have been. Sometimes I want to go somewhere just to be able to buy another post card too add to my book.

Uzi said...

Oh if only they had a magnet of me being slammed by the waves in Hawaii. But better than that, i would have TOTALLY gotten you a magnet of a chocolate covered frozen banana next to a tiny rock that apparently the pilgrims landed on.....literally!

Margie Quilter said...

Utah doesn't count HA! I love you steph!!! Now we can be blogging friends TOOOOOOOOO!!