Tuesday, July 21, 2009

i didn't know i was looking for myself, but here we go.

in preparation for this wednesday, i took an evening off from any social calls and laid in bed and watched movies. wednesday is when the marathon training starts. so i just wanted to make you all aware that my social life pretty much is over starting on wednesday and i will be running for my life until november. i will be listening to this song a lot to get me motivated and out the door.

i just finished reading the book 'julie and julia' which as many of you know, has been made into a movie. i wasn't too impressed with the book - in fact, i pretty much hated the author throughout the entire thing. yes, julie powell, i am talking to you. i did like the idea though that you can throw yourself into something and in the process, find a piece of yourself that you didn't really know existed. how true is that. a few years ago, i threw myself into training for a half marathon when i could barely run down the street, and here i am two short years later, training for the real deal.

i still stumble over the words 'i am a runner' but i do enjoy it when people act surprised and i get to pretend that i, like celine dion, am the greatest in the world. in talking to a friend recently about her marathon running, we talked about how anticlimactic it was to run a marathon. you spend months training; you beat up your body; you have no social life; you cross the finish line, and then you...are really sore and tired.

i'm not sure about you, but i can't wait.

3 comments:

heidikins said...

I just finished Julia Child's book, "My Life in France" and absolutely loved it! Haven't heard much good about "Julie and Julia" though...

xox

Uzi said...

I told a guy yesterday that I was beginning training on Wednesday. He laughed and truly saw how much of a procrastinator I was. "why not start monday?" I didn't even want to explain. :)

RC said...

8 marathons later, it's not anticlimatic (at least not for me) it's the best feeling in the world and worth every single minute of training. You will rock it!