Monday, February 22, 2010

Best decision ever. Snow shoes.

Do you remember from a few years ago when I posted this? Well, I had some friends who invited me to Yosemite for round 2 of cross country skiing. I, being the smart girl that I am, decided to give snow-shoeing a go this time since the skis didn't turn out to be my friends the last time. And boy am I glad that I made that decision.


I was the only one who decided to snow shoe and so for the better part of the day, I was off in the woods by myself. Quite enjoyable, actually. The self portraits might not be the most flattering, but the photographer was the only one around and her prices were good.

Too bad I don't have any pictures of Santa Barbara from last weekend to show you yet. Quite a contrast in weekend vacations. From 77 degrees and sunny at the beach to quite cold and foggy in the mountains. Yes, I am living it up in California. Let me tell you.

Jane and Lauren were ahead of me for a little while, so I snapped this shot of them and it turned out quite nicely if I do say so myself. Definitely gives you a better perspective of the size of the trees than the previous photo does.

Everyone in our group met up at Dewey Point for lunch. Out of curiosity, I googled Dewey Point and I found some pretty amazing photos on this random blog, so if you'd like to see some amazing photos of what I saw on my way there, click here. And there is a pretty great video here.

The view from Dewey Point is pretty amazing. You can see El Capitan in the background here.

And for some proof that I have friends, here I am with Yana and Rich.

And further proof that I was ready to get back on the shuttle and go back to our deluxe tent cabins.

More photos forthcoming, I am sure.

1 comment:

Piper said...

I love your adventures!