Friday, December 2, 2011

Autumn in New York

I know that it has been entirely too long since I have been posting regularly, so here is an update on how my Autum in New York is going.  

At the end of October, Scott came for an entire week.  How lucky am I!?  

We have a thing for pumpkin flavored items and were delighted to see that the frozen yogurt place by my house had "Fist Pumpkin" flavored fro-yo.  Please note that Scott did not have any sugary substances in the taking of this photo.  

Scott attempting to hide in storefront Halloween decor in the village.
Our friend told us about a Halloween exhibit at the Highline so we met up to check it out one night before dinner.  I love this photo of us just being normal - except with wolf masks.

The text that Scott sent out to our friends with this photo was: "Happy Halloween from the Werewolf family"

On our way to dinner, we had a run-in with some astronauts.  Yes, that is a mini cooper attached to a rocket.  And an astronaut.



Scott and I went to Laudree on the Upper East Side to pick up some gifts.  This was on the day where it felt like the world was going to end - we had a freak snow storm at the end of October and it was horrible.  As my coworker says: "I lost the will to live" about halfway through the day.
At least the macarons were delicious!

For lunch Scott and I ventured out to find Melt Shop.  Find we did - it was a walk-up window at a subway station.  We persisted though and got the sandwiches anyway and luckily found a building nearby that had some tables setup in the lobby.  


The snow

Since I was not prepared for the amount of snow and the amount of time Scott and I would be spending outside that day, we ended up buying a much needed bubble umbrella.  Might be one of my favorite purchases yet this year.  Say goodbye to wet hair in the rain!  I love it.

This year for Halloween I dressed up as Princess Beatrice.  It took the girls a matter of seconds to know who I was dressed as - and the men - most of them are still trying to figure out why I had such a weird hat on.

Rustin was in town and was dressed like Katy Perry from this video.

Brody and I on the way to the Halloween party.  We are so fancy!

This is a horrible picture, but I just had to put it up since it is of me and Jen.  Most people didn't recognize her.  Awesome.



I was in a pumpkin bake-off with the girls from work.  With Caroline's help I made some very tasty pumpkin chocolate chip pumpkin bread.

At the beginning of November I had dinner with Karen who was in town from San Francisco - it was so wonderful to see her.
I went to DC for work and was taken on a nice tour of some of the monuments that I hadn't seen before.  This one is form World War II.  Each gold star represents 500 people who died in the war from the United States.  Wowza.
The Martin Luther King, Jr monument was just dedicated in October - pretty awesome.

The Capitol

I went to the Quidditch World Cup with some friends - please notice that the people in this photo are riding brooms.  I went into this thinking it would be a joke.  I was wrong.

Ashley demonstrating how to double fist at Shake Shack.

I cheered on Scott & Annie when they ran in the New York City Marathon a few weeks ago.  They ran the entire race in less than 4 hours - I believe their total time was 3.5 hours.  Crazy!  So fast!
Adam came to town and we were able to spend a fair amount of time together since he was here for a week.  Here we are at Momofuku having milk and cookies.  Yummmm

Walking back to work from lunch

Adam took me to Katz's Deli for Pastrami one day for lunch - they were incredibly messy and delicious.

Melissa came to town with her Mom for a few days and she bought her first size 0 jeans at 5 months pregnant.  What a cute pregnant lady!

I went to Daytona for work for a few days and went on a tour of the Daytona International Speedway while I was there.  Since I grew up with a NASCAR affiliation due to my dad's job, it was pretty surreal to me.  

Dale Earnhardt Jr. was testing a new functionality on his car while we were there, so we got to see him go by a few times - to just stay up on the track, the cars have to be going a minimum of 95 mph.  Crazy!  I was so proud of my little iPhone camera for capturing him while going by so fast.


Winners Circle!


The view from my hotel room - I am sad to say that I didn't even touch my feet in the sand the entire time I was there.  I just didn't really have time.


I got back in New York and the next evening, my coworkers and I had an event one night and we ended the evening with our very own dance party.  Good times.

Jersey Pout




My cousins came to town and we went all over the city - one of the coolest things we did was go to the 911 Memorial.  It was awesome.  If you are close by, go.  

Playing the piano at FAO Schwartz
On our way to see the Rockettes.
Madison was named after the Mermaid on Splash - which was named after Madison Ave.  :)

First subway ride.

At the temple!
Outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art

I went up to Albany for the day to pick up Madison after she spent a week upstate and was able to see my friend Becky, who I grew up with in North Carolina.  I hadn't seen her since college and it was great to catch up and meet her husband and darling kids.  Also, I got to hold baby Richard for like 3 hours that day - pure bliss.  I really need to get me a baby!!!
In case you can't tell by the photos in this post, I still want to kiss New York every single day.  What a great place.  What a great life.

No comments: