Sunday, September 17, 2006

Over the legal limit...of fun.

Last night at about oh...1 am, Kristy and I decided to go to Hearst Castle for the day. Today. Keep in mind that we decided to go at 1 am and then proceeded to talk until 3 am...and boy was that 6:30 am wake up call Earrrrlyyyyyy! We took Highway 1 all the way down there which was actually really nice. I'm just glad that I was in the front seat due to my last experience in the back seat on a windy road. Here is a picture of the lovely scenery we enjoyed for a good 4 hours today.

We got down there in one piece and immediately went on a tour of William Randolph Hearst's vacation home in San Simeon, CA. Our tour guide was very into name dropping; half of which were names that we had never heard of before. That was kind of annoying but we saw some really beautiful things on our $20 overview tour. We didn't see too much of the three "bungalows" but here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:









1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! I have a secret obsession with architecture and I've always wanted to go to the Hearst Castle!! I guess I just have to live vicariously through you & Kristy!