Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pre-Celebration

This week I am celebrating the last week of my twenties.  Just to give you an example of how busy it has been:

  • I haven't been home before 10:30pm any night this week
  • I have been to a sporting event in Queens - the US Open - maybe you have heard of it?
  • I went to a concert in Central Park last night (from 4:30pm until after 10pm)
  • Today I have plans for breakfast, lunch, dinner, 4th meal, and 5th meal (I am not kidding)
  • 6th meal will undoubtedly happen at Chick-Fil-A tomorrow morning when I have not slept at all and arrive in South Carolina with 3 of my besties.
If this is any indicator of what the coming decade is going to be like, then bring it.  This last one has been pretty amazing.  Also, I need to lay down.  I am quite tired.

Update!  My week so far in photos:

Monday
This is an entirely new level of red pants.  Hipster preppy red pants!  I seriously stopped this guy in the subway to ask him if I could take a photo of his red pants.  WHALES!  I have absolutely no shame.  He probably thought I was kidding about the pants - but obviously I do not care the least about his face.  


Tuesday
Watched Rafa at the US Open.  Who doesn't love him?


Wednesday

Went to see Joshua Radin & Sara Barielles in Central Park.  On nights like that, I am reminded why I am head over heels in love with this city.



Thursday...so far

This morning I had breakfast with my friend Dan - who I hadn't seen since I was 18.  It is so great catching up with old friends. 


In other news, I have done my hair 4 of the last 5 days.  That might be some sort of new record for me.  Watch out, world!

Thursday - update again

I failed to take a lunchtime update photo, but imagine me sitting in Bryant Park with a good looking, funny man who took me to lunch.

Post-work with Rachael.  If you call eating cherry licorice and cheezits a treat, that is fine.  I call it dinner.  Sometimes it is weird to think that Rachael and I don't share a bedroom door anymore.  Just so glad I was able to celebrate with her today.  Love you, Rach.


Scott took me to 4th meal at Shake Shack and it was delicious.  By that time, my eye was being weird and though it looks like I am crying, I am just fine.  JUST FINE!  I surely don't spend as much time with Scott as I'd like to, so I'm glad he came to take me out for my pre-celebration.   I did celebrate Scott's 30th with him here in New York a few years ago.  


Thanks for making me feel so loved this week and especially today, friends.  I can't begin to tell you how lucky and blessed I am in the friend department.  Sometimes I try, but it is always a fail.  I have the best - just believe me.  I wish you were all here with me all the time.  Today someone asked me where my closest friends live.  San Francisco, Salt Lake, Rockville, Arlington, Seattle, San Diego, Charleston, LA, Phoenix, Tucson, Syracuse, San Jose, Palo Alto, Huntington Beach, Provo, and New York.  Is that a good answer?

6 comments:

Margie Quilter said...

Steph have I ever told you that I'm jealous you live in NYC?? I wish I lived .... well... close at least! I miss the east coast, big time!!

RC said...

Love you too! Happy Birthday. Please no more weeping on the train.

Anonymous said...

You're getting too old to party it up. Get real and settle down.

Anonymous said...

Youthful enthusiasm is great, but not when you don't know what you're talking about or what you're dealing with. I don't mind popping into a Shake Shack location when I'm in the city, at least when it's not horribly overcrowded, but the highlight of the week was a Sara Bareilles concert? Christ, the San Francisco Symphony was presenting American Mavericks concerts for four days last week with adventurous programming. She could have checked out the Whitney Biennial. I assume she's part of the bridge-and-tunnel crowd, maybe living with five roommates in a two-room place in Williamsburg. I wish her the best, but man....

Anonymous said...

Come on, the Park thing was free. $75 to hear the orchestra, $45 to get into the Whitney, etc. Not to say she isn't making huge mistakes but she's happy thinking she's having fun.

Anonymous said...

Ah youthful enthusiasm.