Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baby you're a firework

My Fourth of July this year was great.  Did you know it is my favorite holiday?

I woke up yesterday earlier than normal so that I could go on an outdoor adventure with several friends up in the Hudson River Valley.  We went on a leisurely hike out to some marshlands and then walked back the other direction to a nice waterfall.  It was quite relaxing and it was nice to be with friends from New York in a non-New York setting.

In the afternoon we came back to the city and then prepared to watch fireworks at a friend's house that overlooks the river. 


See past Fourth of July posts here and here and here and hereAnd last year's pics.

One thing that I haven't mentioned so far...yesterday was the hottest I've been in a long time.  Do you know what it is like to take a cold shower for 20 minutes, step outside and then be sweating again immediately?  Let me tell you - good times.  I was grateful to be back at work today for the air conditioning alone. 

2 comments:

Erin Masi said...

Love the striped cardigan!! SO cute! Miss you!!!! xoxo

Carol Joy said...

Too much fun, I can't believe how great Allison's kids are. I guess we're behind, huh? Lol, I love being an Aunt too. LOVED seeing your Grandma, to know her is definitely to love her! She's awesome. I think she looks great.